[ANSTHRLD] KWHS

nweders at mail.utexas.edu nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Jan 5 05:59:31 PST 2006

At 10:00 PM 1/4/2006, you wrote:
>Oh, did you not know?
>
>You and I and at least two other people from up here are car-pooling so
>that we can split the cost four ways.  I figure that we can just about get
>there, stay for two nights, and pay site for about 100.00 each if we split
>the room four ways.  Now that won't cover food, but you gotta eat no
>matter where you are, so I never count that.
>
>I have already started the secret cash stash for the trip.
>
>On a more serious note....
>
>Planning now for the trip is a great idea and sharing rooms and rides can
>make it much more affordable.  While 100.00 may sound like alot, it is
>really cheap for a nice hotel for two nights and getting there and
>back.  And just think of the wonderful conversations to be had with
>friends on the way.  Plus, the French quarter, well, need I say more?

Plus, the best way you can help an area that has been damaged is by pumping
money back into the area.  Going to KWHS is actually a way to help New
Orleans recover.  Their main money draw was tourism and by going to the
event you will be contributing to the rebirth of a really cool place (grin).

Clare