[ANSTHRLD] Saracenic Heraldry

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 13 17:20:01 PDT 2006

> Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:55:34 -0500
> From: kobrien at texas.net
> Subject: Re: [ANSTHRLD] Book info request
> To: "Heralds List, Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA,	Inc."
> 	<heralds at lists.ansteorra.org>
>
> > Does anyone know about a book entitled Saracenic Heraldry by L.A.
> > Mayer?  Is it any good?  Is there a need for it?
>
> I've got a copy.  (At one point, I had a spare, but I think it's been passed
> on.)
>
> There's precious few (if any) pictures.
> It has lots of blazons and descriptions.  The armory folks here will need to
> weigh in, but I think it's great for research, not so useful for consult
> tables.
>
> Clare, since we're in the same city, if there's some day you want to come
> over and paw through my library to see books before you consider buying
> copies for the Tressure office, just let me know and we'll figure out a time.
>
> Mari

I found several copies of it at Half-Price books in Houston, if dying for a copy,
next time I'm at that location, I'll pick it up for you... don't recall price, but not
more than $10, or less.   I asked Da'ud if it was any good, he said it was 'so-so'; and he was
probably referring to the consulting tables, as Mari suggested.
Hillary