[ANSTHRLD] Call for Donations to the Heraldic and Scribal Library

Star - Ansteorra star at ansteorra.org
Wed Jun 14 15:39:10 PDT 2006

Greetings good gentles all from Druinne de Salesberie, Star.

Yes, I have come begging.

One of the great treasures that we have in our colleges is a wealth of
books.  Some of these are used primarily by officers who do Letters of
Response, and others make their way from one event to the next for
consulting tables.

One area where we are sorely lacking is the C&I area.  At Kingdom A&S,
I gathered together my own meagher collection of books on C&I and put
them out on a table between the heralds' table and the painting table.
 I was pleased to see just about as many people looking at them and
taking notes as there were at the heralds' table.

So, I am coming to you all to ask for donations of books to add to the
traveling library and be maintained by Armillary Pursuivant.

Donations will be accepted by Star, Star Signet, Tressure and
Armillary only at this time.

I expect that this will be a slow process, but each book will go to
making education more available in our kingdom.  By the end of the
first half of this year, we will have had the travelling library at an
event four times.  That may not sound like much, but we still have the
rest of the year and many more events which have indoor venues.

My sincere thanks go to everyone who donates.

I remain in service,
Druinne
Star