[ANSTHRLD] Is this normal? Is there a tracer system?

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Wed Jun 14 23:27:00 PDT 2006

>>Is there a tracer system?

Mari pointed out the Heraldic Submission Tracker.  I should note that
it only tracks things once they hit kingdom.  Unfortunately, delays
nowadays are almost always at local level.

> >Especially after the local herald is two or three incarnations
> >later than the one who accepted the original submission.  Is there
> >a fast track for people who have been bumped by the system?
>
> Folks who have been victims of stuff like this tend to get as much
> help and speed-up as possible.

Off the top of my head, here's the plan that occurs to me.  If you
haven't prodded the local herald in the past month or so, I'd try
prodding one last time, ask for it to be sent within the next week or
so, and ask for notification when they send it to Asterisk.  If that
gets nowhere in a couple of weeks, I'd e-mail Asterisk, CCing the
local herald and regional, giving the details (like dates and info on
the cancelled check) and ask Asterisk how you can make the submission
go thru.

Asterisk might tell you to send the submission direct to her.  As Mari
notes, submitters should keep copies of their submissions.  Maybe you
can get the local to hand back the forms they received and save the
submitter the trouble of redoing them.

I'm sure it's frustrating and I wish I could apply heraldic Drano.

Danet de Linccolne
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com