[ANSTHRLD] Is this normal? Is there a tracer system?

kobrien at texas.net kobrien at texas.net
Wed Jun 21 12:39:41 PDT 2006

> Daniel (not that I'd know anything about cats attacking submission
> paper, oh no, never seen it befor--HATTIE!  NO!) de Lindicolino

No, no, no.  Her full name isn't "HATTIE! NO!", it's "HATTIE! DAMMIT!" -
because that's usually what you're saying as you talk to her.

Hattie is a gray FAP (Feline American Princess) who believes (forget that -
she knows for certain) that she's the most important thing in the whole
world.  Just ask her.  She also believes that her Correct Spot In Life is
between me and the keyboard - which makes typing tough sometimes.

What Daniel's referring to is one of her habits - which is to grab a piece of
paper in her teeth and hold on.  She doesn't tear the paper or eat the paper,
or even drool on the paper, she just punches it with her teeth and you have
to disengage her to get it back.

During the Pelican decision meetings, we keep her occupied with disposable
printouts of collated commentary.  There's only once that she actually got
ahold of a submission form.  (In nearly 3 years, that's not bad!)  So,
somewhere in the Laurel file cabinents is a name form with four tiny holes
punched in the lower left-hand corner.  We called it the "Hattie seal of
approval".  As I recall, the name in question got our seal of approval, too -
it was a good name and passed.

Mari