[ANSTHRLD] Is this normal? Is there a tracer system?

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Thu Jun 22 14:19:21 PDT 2006

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, Maridonna <maridonna at maridonna.com> wrote:
> I write on the file folder when it appears in the Gazette, results
> of the ICC, date of the LoI, date of the LoAR, and the spelling of
> the name and the blazon when it was registered.  I do that because
> name spellings and armory blazons so get changed. Same for returns.
> All the info is on the outside of the folder.

If the name is registered, that's the name that should be on the tab
of the folder.  CoA Admin Handbook II.1 says that ("Primary Society
Name - The single name under which records of registration are
maintained."), though it might be argued that that provision applies
only to the Laurel office and not to anyone else.

I wouldn't record the "final" blazon, because there is no such thing:
it can be reblazoned in the future and you might not notice.  When I
needed the blazon, I'd look it up in the Armorial.  I think it best to
have as little redundant info as possible (except for indexes /
pointers to information, like dates and locations as Maridonna
suggests above).

(That's for the blazon.  Registered names are corrected less, and you
have to put *something* on the folder tab.)

The Laurel office pastes the LoAR text on the inside front of the
folder.  "Paste" because the Laurel office prints one copy of the LoAR
on sticky paper and sliced apart to be so affixed: that's the
"'sticky' format" in the LoAR archives (e.g.,
<http://sca.org/heraldry/loar/2006/02/>).  If there's more than can
fit on that inside front, it's put on extra sheets of paper inside the
folder.  If you felt so moved, you could print the exact text of ICCs
and such on regular paper, for inside the folder, or on sticky paper,
for the inside front cover.

Danielis de Lincolino
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com