[ANSTHRLD] Just gotta gloat... _My Ancestors Came with the Conqueror_...

Luciana Caterina di Boniface dolce.luce at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 18:30:23 PDT 2006

Here you go!

Anthony J Camp, _My Ancestors Came with the Conqueror_

"First published by the Society of Genealogists, London, 1988. Corrected
reprint, 1990.
Copywrite: Anthony J. Camp 1988, 1990......

Published in the USA 1883, 1884 by Genealogical Publishing Co, Inc.....

Library of Congress Catalogue card Number: 93-78907
International standard Book Number 0-8063-1390-0"

There is a controversy discussed within the book about there being only
about 12 people that it is almost 100% guaranteed were there, actually at
the side of William the Conqueror. I am thinking that the other names are
listed in different sources as also being close companions, but I am still
reading through the introductory pages.

Personally, I think a war is fought and won with a LOT more than just 12
people. <G> That is just me, though. I have never been to a Pensic.... ;)

Luciana

On 6/29/06, J. Ziegler <shauna at bresnan.net> wrote:

> Luciana Caterina di Boniface wrote:
>
> >I am gloating....yes, I definately am....I went to Half-Priced Books, to
> >pick up a couple of the 'must have' books to add to my personal
> collection.
> >There I was, looking over the rather skimpy row of books to see if there
> was
> >anything new, when a childish-looking book caught my eye.
> >
> >I am SO glad that I looked at it, because it ended up being a compilation
> of
> >the names (noblemen/knights, most likely) of people who followed William
> the
> >Conqueror to Brittain to fight in the Battle of Hastings. There are about
> 8
> >different resources documented for this list, the names and variations of
> >their spellings are arranged alphabetically, and each name is notated
> with
> >it's source.
> >
> >Several hundred Norman names that are placed in the 11th century as being
> in
> >both France and Brittain.....I am a happy camper.
> >
> >That is all, :)
> >Luciana
> >

> OOOOHHHHH! You lucky lucky person. My mother has been tracing the family
> genealogy
> for over 30 years, and would kill to get a look at that book! Can you
> post the ISBN or name
> and author, please?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Shauna

Always assume the best about your loved ones. There is a reason that you
love them