[ANSTHRLD] more on the library

nweders at mail.utexas.edu nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Tue May 23 06:54:32 PDT 2006

>There are two cases too look at here - full service submissions and regular
>submissions.
>
>Are we offering full service submissions at this table?

According to the wishes of Star, at this point the Consulting Tables will
be non-full service.  Part of the education process is to provide some help
but our major thrust is going to be educating both heralds and the populace
in general heraldry.  It used to be part of the requirements for attaining
Peerage - to have a basic working knowledge of heraldry and be able to do
simple blazons.   The populace will either come with ideas or leave with
easily registered arms or an idea of what additional documentation will be
required.  They can then go to the local herald (or any herald)  and finish
the process started at the Tables.

Also, Armillary is not responsible for the Consultation Tables.  She will
be responsible for the books and making sure they are brought to the
Consultation Table and for maintaining the Library itself.  (Getting new
tubs, making sure forms are ready, etc.)  We're slowly getting a
bibliography of books owned by the Kingdom Office which will also be
printed on line.

If there are books on the "H" list that are no longer acceptable for
correct documentation then perhaps the College could make suggestions as a
whole to Laurel and get the list updated.  Obviously as new books come out,
it needs to be done as well.

If someone has suggestions of needful books that should go into the library
please send me the name and title.  I can make a list and start acquiring
them slowly or through donations to the office.  Libraries are not stagnant
beings but growing evolving entities.

Clare
Tressure