[ANSTHRLD] Consulting Library

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Fri May 19 17:38:22 PDT 2006

I think at one point Druinne at least (and maybe Mari? I forget) had gone
through the armillary boxes and sorted stuff into "really useful", "useful"
and "occasionally useful" piles, but it's entirely possible things got
reordered according to what will fit into which tote (particularly when
packing up AFTER a consultation table...)

I personally like having everything from Appendix H (the no-photocopy list)
available as a first priority. Those aren't necessarily the "best" sources,
but they are the most useful in terms of writing docs quickly at a
consultation table, since no photocopies of them are required. It's always a
good place to start.

I LOVE having all s-gabriel articles available (and for that matter, the
articles on sca.org), whether in hardcopy or electronic. (Only the sca.org
articles are no-photocopy, though.)  We frequently do have a laptop or other
computer available, but only at non-primitive sites, and we can't always
count on that.  It's also a huge pain in the rear to grab "all current
articles linked from s-gabriel", since they're actually existing all over
the place...

Additionally, frequently any computer system at a consultation table is
being used for conflict checking (or artwork), not name research. Given the
choice of using the giganto-huge out-of-date O&A binders to conflict check
OR an equally high stack of printed out name articles, I'd definitely take
the latter and use the computer to conflict check.

-Emma