[ANSTHRLD] Warlord Consulting Library

kobrien at texas.net kobrien at texas.net
Thu May 25 11:10:18 PDT 2006

> Morgan, Peadar.  Ainmean Chloinne: Scottish Gaelic Names for
> Children Taigh na Teud Music Publishers, Scotland, 1994, ISBN
> 1871931401

As noted earlier on the list, be _very_ cautious about handing this source to
submitters.  A large number of the names in this book are not period -
instead they are 19th C Gaelic adaptations of English given names.

More than once I've seen a submitter fall in love with a name from this
source, only to find out it's not registerable (because it's not period) once
the name was in submission.

Makes for very unhappy submitters.

I'll bring Solveig's Name Construction in Medieval Japan and the 3rd ed. of
Wickenden.  Since I'll be in Dallas on Saturday, I'll leave the books at
Mistress Rondinella's merchant booth for someone to pick up when the consult
table is getting ready.  If someone can see these two books get back to
Rondinella, that would be great.

Anything else I need to bring?

Mari