[ANSTHRLD] Re: KWHSS 2006

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Tue May 2 11:43:30 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2 May 2006, Alden Drake <alden_drake at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Is there an event schedule for KWHSS anywhere?  I'm trying to
> determine if it's worth getting there Friday evening, or Saturday
> morning.

Usually, Friday night has a mixer / meet-n-greet, so it's good to
match names to faces [1].  You may be able to do business too (you
need to talk to someone about a project, say).  Also, you're there on
site for the earliest classes, often 9 AM or so, and have already
signed in.

The Web site at
<http://www.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/kwhs/KWHSWebpage.html> says

    There will be a meet and greet Friday night at the hotel, classes
    during the day on Saturday, and the ever popular Laurel Roadshow
    Sunday morning. Instead of a traditional feast, you may choose to
    dine at one of New Orleans' many great and famous eateries.

    A field trip is in the works for non-heralds for Sunday morning.

Some KWHSSs have a day trip / tour on Friday, sometimes medieval,
often not.  (I vividly remember our personally docented tour of
Cahokia Mounds, an Indian site, outside Saint Louis.)  It'd be nice if
Katryne could be inveigled into setting it up, but if not, I guess
people can somehow find things to see on their own in New Orleans.

Daniel "what to do, what to do, what to do ..." de Lincolia

[1] If you can remember name and if you can remember faces, which
isn't easy for me.
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com