[ANSTHRLD] Re: KWHSS 2006

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 10:40:28 PDT 2006

--- heralds-request at ansteorra.org wrote:
> Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 10:58:47 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Alden Drake <alden_drake at sbcglobal.net>
> Subject: [ANSTHRLD] Re: KWHSS 2006
> To: "Heralds List, Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc."
> 	<heralds at ansteorra.org>
>
> Is there an event schedule for KWHSS anywhere?  I'm trying to determine if it's worth getting
> there Friday evening, or Saturday morning.
>
> Thanks,
> Alden

In addition to what Daniel said, I know the committee is working on finding some unique and cool
places to visit for early on folks on Friday, and those seeking an alternative to the Laurel
'roadtrip' (especially scribes) on Sunday.  There was an musuem exhibit supposed to arrive that
was postphoned, and the rarebooks room at the university is short staffed during the summer, so
was unavailable (still hoping that will change tho), but they are talking with a few rarebook
dealers, and the general New Orleans Museum tour, as some art alternatives.

Also, a few years back, I vacationed in New Orleans, and there is much to see and visit of
historical interested:  The famous Metarie cemetary with the above ground mauselems and the loads
of stain glass in their windows, walking through the Garden District to view the southern
mansions, and wandering the shops and museums in the French Quarter - all areas that were spared
the post-hurricane flooding when the levies broke.  On the way home, take the river road instead
of the freeway, and stop by a few plantation tours, open on Sundays - see the house that Gone with
the Wind's 'Tara' was patterned after.

I'll try to come up with a list of recommended tourist sites to post links, in a few days.
There is so much to see and do there, that Curstaidh and I are leaving on Thursday.

Also, if there is information not available on the website, send me a post, as I'm on the
committee e-mail list and can ask and get you a response.
Cheers, Hillary

PS - they are still seeking classes and may still be able to accept Proceedings articles.