[ANSTHRLD] Question on Fast-Track requirements.

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Wed May 3 07:11:30 PDT 2006

> OK, I am probably blind, but I have been lookign for the
> requirements to fast track a submission but can not find
> where they are documented.  Can someone point me to them.  I
> am working on putting together a name change for my wife and
> feel it is probably a good candidate for this.

The requirements really boil down to "if Asterisk wants to".

Things that are typically fast-tracked (if I notice in time to do so):
	- resubmitted armory, where the original was returned for redraw or
something very similar
	- very simple armory that Asterisk is reasonably sure is clear that
needs to "catch up" with a name submitted the month or two before (for
Laurel paperwork reasons, they like to keep names & armory either completely
together, or 3+ months apart on LoIs.)
	- no-brainer names (new, resub, or changed) that are documented
entirely out of something on the no-photocopy list.

The latter can be done, but isn't as frequently done. Mostly because I don't
always have access to the books on that list (not being the local herald, my
personal onomastics library isn't that large), and because I despise
conflict checking names.

-Emma, Asterisk