[ANSTHRLD] is there a precendent banning this?

Ron Knight rknight at kumc.edu
Thu Oct 12 11:36:48 PDT 2006

Luciana:
> Is there a precedent that specifically makes displaying a charge
'issuant
> from the line of division' an 'insta-boing'?

Greetings from Modar!

I have not heard of such a precedent being set...and do not find
such from a search ( http://www.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/precedents.html
).

And while previous registration does not guarantee current
registrations there have been recent registrations that
would seem to indicate that such is still allowed:

Caroline Marie de Fontenailles (registered July 2005 via Atenveldt):
Per chevron azure and gules, a demi-sun issuant from the line of
division Or and a bordure ermine.

Maximilian Petsch (registered May 2005 via AEthelmearc):
Per fess embattled gules and azure, a demi-horse issuant from
the line of division argent.

Sarah Preston (registered May 2005 via An Tir):
Per fess azure and gules, in pale a demi-sun throughout issuant
from the line of division and a unicorn contourny Or.

Adam Stedefast (registered Feb 2004 via the Outlands):
Per chevron azure and sable, a phoenix Or rising from flames
proper issuant from the line of division and a rose argent.

Isabel de la Hay (registered Jan 2004 via the West):
Per fess argent and vert ermined argent, a sea-serpent ondoyant
and issuant from the line of division azure.

I hope this information has been of some assistance.

In Service,

Modar