[ANSTHRLD] The last question of the night, another Name submission

Luciana Caterina di Boniface dolce.luce at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 03:40:40 PDT 2006

How would you know, then, that a ruling is no longer valid, without
something more current saying 'no'? I have looked and have been unable to
find anything that negated this, which is why I have used this ruling as the
reason for the name.

Luciana

On 10/3/06, tmcd at panix.com <tmcd at panix.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Oct 2006, Luciana Caterina di Boniface <dolce.luce at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > use the 'plants name' ruling from BoE, 20 Oct 85, p.1.
> > BoE, 20 Oct 85, p.1 permits plant names to be used as female given
> > names on a case-by-case basis.
>
> That was even before the current Rules for Submission.  Almost any
> ruling that old has decayed into uselessness.  ("Almost" because there
> are ones that remain, but they tend to be SCA administrative or
> explicit: you can't register your own real-world name, you give
> yourself permission to conflict with yourself, there's a Grandfather
> Clause, and such.)
>
> Danyell Lincoln
> --
> Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com

Talking to yourself is okay. Even answering yourself is all right. The
problem is when you have to ask yourself to repeat the question.....