[ANSTHRLD] The last question of the night, another Name submission

nweders at mail.utexas.edu nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Oct 4 06:25:37 PDT 2006

How strange..... I'm currently reading through some articles on gardens in
England within period and the topic of Rosemary came up.  Rosemary was not
introduced to England until probably the 12th century.  It did not come
over with the Romans (which surprised me because I thought it did).  It was
introduced by a fellow named William Daniel (if I remember
correctly).  Since the plant didn't make it, the name wouldn't have occurred.

I also know from personal experience that Rosemary would not be
likely.  Mary Rose perhaps.  I know from personal experience since my
middle name RosMuire is a made up name for Rosemary in Irish.  It's totally
incorrect on the fact that Rosemary was not in Ireland, I used the wrong
spelling for the Mary part (Muire instead of Maire)  and the name itself
wasn't use din Ireland until much later.

Just some facts you might be interested in.

Clare RosMuire St. John
(Who's considering dropping the middle name.)