[ANSTHRLD] Okay I'm a little confused now.

Robert Wade logiosophia at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 11 16:02:04 PDT 2006

I stand (sit) corrected.  My father, Leslie Claude Wade would have been mortified to leard it was Scottish.  First-generation English decent.

  Tostig

kobrien at texas.net wrote:
  Middle names are judged by type. A person's middle name may be a given name
or a surname. It is only registerable as that type of item in an SCA name.

In the example above, if I'm remembering correctly, the name Leslie
originated as a placename (in Scotland, if I remember correctly).

So, would not be registerable as a given name in an SCA name using
the Legal Name Allowance and a legal name of . You could
do or for an SCA name, though.

However, if someone's legal name was , with in
the first name position, then you would be able to register London> using the Legal Name Allowance.

More general info in a bit,

Mari