[ANSTHRLD] Confirmation needed for a blazon

Kathleen O'Brien kobrien at texas.net
Sat Oct 14 18:24:44 PDT 2006

At 04:24 PM 10/14/2006 -0700, you wrote:
>Ah, for the days of hard copy and hand searching Papworth's.
>Don'cha, just miss it, Tostig? Tostig........
>Tostig...........  Wake up!!!

More than once at Pennsic this year I had to explain that my brain has
never really adapted to the new rules.  As a baby herald, I learned to
conflict check against Papworth and had just embedded the rules in my
brain.  Then I got into name research, graduated college, and changed
kingdoms 3 times - all in the space of about a year.  Real Life had
exploded.  When I got back into heraldry, the group I was in needed name
heralds and, so, by the time I could start getting caught up on armory, I
found my brain just doesn't want to count in anything other than points and
half-points.  Sigh.

Actually, the truly scary thing is some of the old LoIs.  Right now, I'm
scanning my archive so I can recycle the hardcopies.  Lately I've been
looking at West LoIs from 1982 or so...

Mari