[ANSTHRLD] New Forms online

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Fri Oct 20 19:49:31 PDT 2006

Being that it is an annulet then it is correct.  An annulet is round no matter what shape the field.  If it was a bordure or a orle which are defined by the edge of the field (in this case a square) then they would be square shaped on the form.

In this instance you would have a blazon approximating something like:

Insert your colors in the appropriate spots ;-)  So if that is really what the picture is supposed to represent then you have it right.  Or rather close to right.  As a nit pick I would say you need to have a little more space between the annulet and the edge of the field.  but that should not be any real bar to your understanding of this particular topic.

Though I would have to admit to wanting to see a field shaped like the Crimean peninsula as Daniel did offer up. ;-)  Even if it was on sucha  field you would still draw the annulet and grenade as you have shown.

Alasdair