[ANSTHRLD] New Forms online

Luciana Caterina di Borgese dolce.luce at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 20:41:31 PDT 2006

Thank you. I think you have also managed to answer my next question, which
was going to be whether or not the edges of the device submissions were
supposed to reach the edge of the shield drawing on the forms. They are.

Thank you again,
Luciana

On 10/20/06, Alasdair MacEogan <alasdair at bmhanson.net> wrote:

> Being that it is an annulet then it is correct.  An annulet is round no
> matter what shape the field.  If it was a bordure or a orle which are
> defined by the edge of the field (in this case a square) then they would be
> square shaped on the form.
>
> In this instance you would have a blazon approximating something like:

> Insert your colors in the appropriate spots ;-)  So if that is really what
> the picture is supposed to represent then you have it right.  Or rather
> close to right.  As a nit pick I would say you need to have a little more
> space between the annulet and the edge of the field.  but that should not be
> any real bar to your understanding of this particular topic.
>
> Though I would have to admit to wanting to see a field shaped like the
> Crimean peninsula as Daniel did offer up. ;-)  Even if it was on
> sucha  field you would still draw the annulet and grenade as you have shown.
>
> Alasdair

"If it's difficult we do it immediately.  If it's impossible it takes a
little longer.......  Miracles by appointment only"