[ANSTHRLD] Advice on two blazons

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Apr 6 09:25:40 PDT 2007

The purpose of quoting text is to provide context for your reply -- it
provides information about the situation that you don't provide in
your text.  It REALLY helps comprehension if you put reply text after
the quotations that they apply to, so it's easy to read in sequence
(cause and effect ROCKS!) and to tell which comment goes with exactly
which statement.  If the quoted text doesn't have all the context
needed to understand the reply, please supply the missing info.

The only reason to quote is the only reason to write: to communicate.
If quoted text isn't needed for your discussion, then it's like
writing something irrelevant. So please also trim out unnecessary
quoted text, because the clutter and uneeded text just confuses the
discussion.

On Fri, 6 Apr 2007, Mike Wyvill <wyvillmike at hotmail.com> wrote:
> But the tinctures are gules and sable not sable and vert for blazon
> one.

What is "blazon one"?  The first blazon mentioned is this from Britt
<tierna.britt at gmail.com>:
] >> Sigenoth the Blissful - January of 1998 (via AEthelmearc): Per pale
] >> sable and vert, a Latin cross bottony argent.
]
]  X.4.a. Significantly changing the tinctures, direction of partition
]  lines, style of partition lines, or number of pieces in a partition of
]  the field is one clear difference.
]  X.4.a.i. Charged Fields  - If charges other than an uncharged
]  peripheral ordinary are present, at most one clear difference may be
]  counted for changes to the field.
]
]  There is a charge on the field, so there can be only one CD for
]  changes to the field.
]  A Latin cross bottony gets no difference from a cross crosslet by
]  Laurel precedents cited before and the tinctures of the charges match.
]  So this is a conflict.

I don't see a problem: please explain.  Teceangl said that there was
one difference for the field, just as you did.  When counting CDs, we
need two CDs to clear conflict (or permission).

> Blazon two the example provided to me did NOT have the fimbriation
> and I have no way of manipulating the pdf file. My client is adamant
> about keeping that basic plan and color scheme. Can any of you
> suggest any way to make that work? She is agreeable to anything.

Please provide context for "blazon two".  None of the text you wrote
or quoted in that message mentioned fimbriation.  I don't have access
to yesterday's e-mail at the moment and I don't remember the details
as clearly as you do ('cause she isn't my client, and my memory is not
... uhhh ... who am I and why am I here?)

Danihel Lindum
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com