[ANSTHRLD] A few words about court reports from Zodiacus

Zodiacus Herald zodiacus1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 08:59:30 PDT 2007

Greetings unto the fine heralds of the Kingdom of Ansteorra!
Good weather and tourney season are upon us, so there will be lots of events
at which to fill out court reports! Please remember that court reports are
due within two weeks of an event. If no awards were presented at an
official, on-calendar event, please drop me a note to that effect.

Originals of court report forms should be sent to me, with a copy going to
Sable Scroll and a copy retained for your own files. Scanned court reports
are also acceptable. Hard copies should be mailed to:

Kim Langhans
3611 Chatwood Drive
Pearland, TX 77584

Here are a few reminders about filling out court reports:
- You do not need to record non-armigerous baronial awards (for instance,
the Acorn in the Steppes or the Martlet in Bryn Gwlad), although I encourage
you to track these items for your own branch records.
- You do not need to record presentations made in court (gifts to the Crown,
etc).
- You do not need to record peerage announcements (only the actual
elevations).
- Please remember to fill in the following information in the
"Miscellaneous" column, when applicable:
  Territorial Barony - group name
  Baronial Service Order - order name
  Comet - group name
  Thistle - art form
  Talon - combat form
  Ceremonial Honors - name of honor
      The ceremonial honors that are recorded in the OP include:
      King's Champion
      Queen's Champion
      King's Blade of Chivalry
      Queen's Blade of Honor
      Guardian of the Queen's Hope
      Kingdom Artisan
      Premier Bard
      Royal Huntsman
      King's Lancer
      Kingdom Middle Eastern Dance Champion

- If an award was read into law, but not presented in court, please make
note of that in the "Notes" section of the form.
- Conversely, if an award was presented in court that was read into law at
an earlier event, please make note of that in the "Notes" section of the
form.

If an award is read into law but not presented, I will leave the award out
of the OP until the end of the reign or until I receive a court report that
states that the award was presented to the recipient, whichever comes first.

Many thanks to everyone who has been reporting - your assistance is vital to
maintaining an accurate and up-to-date OP!

Warm regards,
Sara Penrose
Zodiacus