[ANSTHRLD] Fw: Re: device help please

Hedwig honeyfrog at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 15:30:18 PDT 2007

OK so to try and answer my own question:

   - Cinquefoils conflict with roses.

 [*Six roses as primaries *vs.* six cinquefoils as primaries*] "The visual
> similarity between roses and cinquefoils is too strong to grant
> the...necessary CVD." (LoAR 11/90 p.18).

  So that rules out the CD for charge type.  However the RfS X.4.d states
that if at least 1/2 of the charges tinctures are changed that gives a CD:

>  d. Tincture Changes - Changing the tinctures or division of any group of
> charges placed directly on the field, including strewn charges or charges
> overall, is one clear difference.
>
> Changing the tincture of at least half of the charges in a group is one
> clear difference.

   - So, since the field is per saltire purpure and argent vs. per
   saltire argent and green (which I understand to be a CD per RfS X.4.a
   )

 a. Field Difference - Significantly changing the tinctures, direction of
> partition lines, style of partition lines, or number of pieces in a
> partition of the field is one clear difference.
>
> In general, if the tincture of at least half the field is changed, the
> fields will be considered different. *Per chevron azure and gules* has one
> clear difference from *Per chevron azure and sable*.

   - Therefore, since 1/2 the field is purpure and not vert thus making
   1/2 the charges purpure and not vert there are 2CDs between:

*Per saltire argent and vert, a saltire between four roses counter changed*
 and
*Per saltire purpure and argent, a saltire between four cinquefoils
counterchanged*

1CD for field treatment
1CD for change in tincture of charges

Anyone?

Hedwig
--
Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them,
but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them, and try to follow