[ANSTHRLD] Fw: Re: device help please

Robert Wade logiosophia at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 3 15:38:01 PDT 2007

I see 3 CD's -- all involving change of tintcure from argent/purpure to arfgent/vert:
  (1) Change of tincture for half the field
  (2) Change of tincture for half the primary charge (The Saltire)
  (3) Change of tincture for half the secondary charge group (The Roses)

  Tostig

Hedwig <honeyfrog at gmail.com> wrote:
  OK so to try and answer my own question:

- Cinquefoils conflict with roses.

[*Six roses as primaries *vs.* six cinquefoils as primaries*] "The visual
> similarity between roses and cinquefoils is too strong to grant
> the...necessary CVD." (LoAR 11/90 p.18).

So that rules out the CD for charge type. However the RfS X.4.d states
that if at least 1/2 of the charges tinctures are changed that gives a CD:

> d. Tincture Changes - Changing the tinctures or division of any group of
> charges placed directly on the field, including strewn charges or charges
> overall, is one clear difference.
>
> Changing the tincture of at least half of the charges in a group is one
> clear difference.

- So, since the field is per saltire purpure and argent vs. per
saltire argent and green (which I understand to be a CD per RfS X.4.a
)

a. Field Difference - Significantly changing the tinctures, direction of
> partition lines, style of partition lines, or number of pieces in a
> partition of the field is one clear difference.
>
> In general, if the tincture of at least half the field is changed, the
> fields will be considered different. *Per chevron azure and gules* has one
> clear difference from *Per chevron azure and sable*.

- Therefore, since 1/2 the field is purpure and not vert thus making
1/2 the charges purpure and not vert there are 2CDs between:

*Per saltire argent and vert, a saltire between four roses counter changed*
and
*Per saltire purpure and argent, a saltire between four cinquefoils
counterchanged*

1CD for field treatment
1CD for change in tincture of charges

Anyone?

Hedwig
--
Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them,
but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them, and try to follow