[ANSTHRLD] strange question

radei at moscowmail.com radei at moscowmail.com
Thu Apr 5 10:18:37 PDT 2007

I beg your pardon my lord.  But accourding to "Dubrett's: Peerage of England", Bar sinister or baton are not exclusivly a mark of bastard birth.  There are many examples that include low born that recieve Barony's in later life IE: Miles De Cogan, First Baron de Coggan.  Bar sinister appears in the first generation, but later generations removed the bar and eventally became Just "Lozengy, Sable and Gules".

Bastards that inherate did not usually have bar sinister in thier arms, Mundanely my father is a baster, but he is not required to carry a mark of any kind on his device, I know, I registered it with DuBrett's.

I do not have current access to a copy of DuBrett's but I had reviewed it for many years researching my mundane line.  Several of which do appear, as recent as 3 generations ago, and as old as 1024 to my memory, I would have to check that earliest date.  It is not a primary line so not in my recent memory.

Joy
Radei
Vasil House of the Red Shark
Guild of St. Camillus de Lellis