[ANSTHRLD] Question for new Herald - Name Release

kobrien at texas.net kobrien at texas.net
Fri Apr 13 14:04:24 PDT 2007

> LOL well I communicated with the Client already and so she sent an email as
> you previously suggested.  Her wording was not exactly that but the email
> was done today.

Great!

Now we keep our fingers crossed...

>   I appreciate the help and advice.  I will get this down... promise!

Don't worry about it.  This situation is one that I see only about once a
year out of all the kingdoms combined.  Withdrawls are rare to begin with -
withdrawls after a Laurel-level decision meeting but before the LoAR gets
published are screamingly rare.  I think I saw all of 2 or 3 during my tenure
as Pelican Herald.  so, they're a learning experience for everyone involved
basically everytime it happens.  :)

You did exactly the right thing: ask for opinions on how to deal with it.
There will always be cases that don't fit exactly in the normal categories,
so asking around is really the only way to figure out the best way to deal
with whatever situation has cropped up.  (I think Daniel still wins for
the "Best Pedantic Documentation for a Hardship/Heraldic Malfeasance
Appeal".  For those interested, the summary of his docs, with Magnus's
addendum can be found #14 in the corrections section at:
http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/LoI/LoI-2001-11.pdf)

Mari