[ANSTHRLD] Viking/Finnish name researching

John Moore iaenmor at swbell.net
Mon Dec 10 13:15:06 PST 2007

Old Norse comes from the northern split of Proto-Germanic.  Finnish if
part of the  Finno-Ugric family of languages and is not very similar to
Old Norse at all.  It is spoken some in Sweden and Norway just as
Swedish if an official language of Finland.  There has been a sizable
group of Swedes who have lived in Finland for a very long time so I
would imagine there is some mixing.  Without documentation I would say
it would be a weirdness.  Alden if you need a hand let me know and I
will see what I can dig up for you.

Iaen