[ANSTHRLD] OP question - Court Baronies and Baronies in fief

Sir Morgan Buchanan morganbuchanan at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 12 02:16:54 PST 2007

Allow me to play the devil's advocate against your argument.

We're going to use 2 example couples who don't really exist.  Neither of
these people carry patents of arms nor were they ennobled prior to their
elevation.

Bob is made Baron of Summerland on 1/1/2000.  Doug is made Baron of
Autumnland on 1/1/2002.

Doug steps down as Baron on 1/1/2005.  Bob steps down as Baron on 1/1/2007.

Bob was "ennobled" 2 years before Doug.  He served as Baron longer.  He
stepped down after.  But under the model of dating a CB to the date the CB
was conferred (virtually alway the day they step down) Doug would
out-precedence Bob.

To my way of thinking, this makes absolutely zero sense.

The only argument I can see is that the conferance isn't automatic.  With
the precious few times we've had someone step down as B&B and they weren't
conferred CBs, had these people already added supporters to their
achievement?  If so, were these supporters stripped?

These are just my thoughts.  I'd love to be edified by those more
experienced, and I thank you for your time.

Morgan