[ANSTHRLD] OP question - Court Baronies and Baronies in fief

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Fri Jan 12 10:23:39 PST 2007

Daniel wrote:

>> Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin
>> Baron of the Steppes, 2-13-1988
>> Court Barony, given by the Queen's hand, and with all rights and
>> privileges dating from, 9-20-1984, but
>> Court Barony, precedence dating from 10-13-1984

> OK, I'll bite -- if you ever explained it to me, I don't recall.

Jonathan and Willow had decided to give me a Court Barony at Queen's
Champion.  Then they discovered that I was moving to Trimaris before then,
and would not be at an event before leaving.

So Queen Willow came to Dance Guild with a scroll proclaiming me a Court
Baron from that moment, but with precedence to date from the Queen's
Championship one month later.  The Barony was re-given at Queen's Champion
(yes, OF COURSE I came back to Ansteorra for Queen's).

So I was allowed to wear a coronet, and to be called "Your Excellency",
starting on September 20, but it was made official on October 13.  I
receieved a Zinaida scroll at Queen's, and both scrolls are currently
hanging on my wall.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin