[ANSTHRLD] OP question - Court Baronies and Baronies in fief

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Fri Jan 12 07:35:32 PST 2007

Sir Morgan asked:

> Is this accurate, tho?  I've had to send copies of my scrolls to Zodiacus,
> as awards were missed on my OP entry. What about if someone moves to
> another kingdom, and their entry is missing from the Ansteorran OP....the
> equivalent of Zodiacus in the new kingdom may have to go off the scroll.
> Just thinking out loud.
> Perhaps the charter should state when the precedence date comes from as
> well as the date the CB is given?

You're right; I was being overly simplistic.  Yes, scrolls are used to
replace the system when the system failed.  But the award was supposed to be
recorded in court, in part because scrolls *aren't* always given.

When you move out of kingdom, and the OP doesn't match your scrolls, then
there's trouble, since the new kingdom will look to the OP to justify your
claims.  There are people who claim awards they don't have when they move to
a new place.

Yes, the charter should state the precedence granted, which is where the
Landed Baron/ess upon stepping down, the precedence date isn't inherent in
the date the award is given, so both should (ideally) be made explicit.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin