[ANSTHRLD] OP question - Court Baronies and Baronies in fief

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Jan 12 08:19:57 PST 2007

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, Jay Rudin <rudin at ev1.net> wrote:
> When you move out of kingdom, and the OP doesn't match your scrolls,
> then there's trouble, since the new kingdom will look to the OP to
> justify your claims.  There are people who claim awards they don't
> have when they move to a new place.

Tangent: I hit a worse problem twice: no scrolls and no RP entries.

My AoA was spur of the moment ("lovely parting gift" from the Middle);
I was given only a royal coin as a token, and it was before the Web
and on-line OPs.  I got the court herald to send a letter to Star to
say that he had witnessed the award.  It may have helped that the
court herald was "Duke Count Sir Master Baron" Eliahu ben Itzhak.
(He has 16 awards in the Middle's RP.  If they had Lions, he'd be
one.)  I'm sure it helped that I was claiming only an AoA rather than
a peerage, say.

My Oak ("lovely parted gift" from the Steppes) didn't get into the
court report.  There's a REASON why I bring my court report form up
with me when I am called into court.  I got a large blank piece of
paper and did a brass rubbing of my Oak insignia, wrote a text on the
side saying that I'd received it from Baron Edwin at the Steppes
Warlord of 1996, and got Edwin to sign it.

Danihel de Lindonio
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com