[ANSTHRLD] Is your branch's submissions on the bounce list?

Jacquie Ziegler shauna at bresnan.net
Tue Jan 23 10:58:31 PST 2007

bordure at ansteorra.org wrote:

<snip>
> "If you submit a name or arms in the SCA, you can include Academy reports in
> lieu of photocopies of the sources that we've cited. This has been approved
> by the current Laurel Sovereign of Arms. Print out the entire report,
> including the headers, URL, and date of the report. As a courtesy to the
> heralds who receive the letter, please highlight our references to the form
> of the name which is submitted. Also, be aware that our opinions are not
> binding, and we cannot guarantee that the College of Arms will pass a
> particular name or device.
<snip>

With the other good advice given, I would suggest that this needs a bit
of a rewrite - instead of highlighting
it is better to underline and maybe put an arrow in the margin to
indicate what is being looked at within
the entire document. This goes for all photocopies and printouts.

Reason? When the documentation is scanned, either at Kingdom or at
Laurel, the highlighted parts are
most often obscured rather than standing out - highlighter yellow is
extremely bad for this and the other
colors are not much better. So the items that the submitter or assisting
herald wants to call attention to
are not visible, which really does defeat the purpose!

> -Emma, Bordure

Baroness Shauna of Carrick Point
Ragged Staff Herald