[ANSTHRLD] Is your branch's submissions on the bounce list?

kobrien at texas.net kobrien at texas.net
Tue Jan 23 13:44:23 PST 2007

> With the other good advice given, I would suggest that this needs a bit
> of a rewrite - instead of highlighting
> it is better to underline and maybe put an arrow in the margin to
> indicate what is being looked at within
> the entire document. This goes for all photocopies and printouts.
>
> Reason? When the documentation is scanned, either at Kingdom or at
> Laurel, the highlighted parts are
> most often obscured rather than standing out - highlighter yellow is
> extremely bad for this and the other
> colors are not much better. So the items that the submitter or assisting
> herald wants to call attention to
> are not visible, which really does defeat the purpose!

Good point.  The same is true when you photocopy the docs.  If you
highlighted the important bits in yellow, the highlighter will not show up at
all on the photocopies (depending upon the brand of yellow highlighter you
used).

The reverse is true if you use a pink highlighter.  I've often seen that come
out as very dark gray when photocopied.

So, I tend to use a yellow highliter and annotate along the margins in ink
(because pencil often doesn't photocopy well).

Mari