[ANSTHRLD] August Gazette

Robert Wade logiosophia at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 31 12:08:51 PDT 2007

IAlasdair MacEogan <alasdair at bmhanson.net> wrote:
    Alden Drake wrote:

  > Also, I am in favor of keeping the AG (even if it's just emailed or
> downloaded from the website) because it is a one-stop source for all the
> information that would otherwise have to be gotten in pieces. It is
> particularly useful for local branch heralds, as it provides one
> document in which they can track the progress of all the submissions
> sent up from their branch with relative ease, and note if there are any
> problems with the submissions at any point along the way. This can
> potentially help speed up fixes.

Actually I think that the separate pieces may be more helpful in this. Especially with an up to date Heraldic Submissions tracker. The reason I think this is simply because, especially for new local heralds, the AG can be temporally confusing. Lets pick a gazette at random (Feb 2007). It has the Jan 2007 ILoI, the Nov 2006 ICC, the October 2006 AICC, LoAR results from I'm not sure when. Now if you are a new herald I can see this as being confusing. The july 2007 Gazette has the July 2007 ILoI, April 2007 AICC, the March 2007 LoAR. Now the different pieces are a lot more straightforward to my mind. You know what is where and do not run through a couple different Gazettes to find a specific piece of info.

  I tend to favor one-stop shopping.  Yes, when I first started receiving the Gazette I found it a little confusing.  Still, it  was an excellent springboard to find out what questions to ask of my Regional.

  If the Gazette does go totally electronic, consider the following.  The Gazette need not cite various ILoI's, ILoAR's, LoI's, etc in their entirety.  Instead, it could summarize the entries and then provide the appropriate link.  It's still one-stop shopping, but should free up space for education/explication about what the link is about for the new heralds among us.

  Tostig