[ANSTHRLD] A question for the more experienced heralds, please

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 9 22:26:27 PDT 2007

These types of programs will find most conflicts.  You can do some of the
same things if you are
really sharp at using the complex search function of the ordinary.

If you want to know what these programs might miss look at the Tudor rose
example that Tec found.

Lots and lots of our LoAR rulings concern CDs from type of charge.  I
suspect that a conflict program
might have more hiccups on that type of situation.  It would be interesting
to feed it some of the odd ones and see if it gets indigestion.

Commenters should also remember that conflicts with armory registered a long
time ago may also be more difficult to sort out.  Registrations from the
distant past may break current rules.
Items from August 1979 (Heraldicon) will stand out as strange.  There are
many proper colorations of plants and animals that can be very hard to sort
through.  Try conflict checking some floral heraldry proper and see what I
mean.

The program is an aid to getting where we want to go.  Just like name
articles, conflict tables, and precedent lists it helps us get there.

here's to a peaceful resolution of your conflicts
Magnus