[ANSTHRLD] Public internal commentary problems?

Charlene Charette clclists1 at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 14 10:42:53 PDT 2007

Sweet, Debby wrote:
>> Since then the "snark" filter duty has been handed along to the
>> best of my knowledge and likely addresses the concern on a practical
>> basis.
>
> I was Retiarius after Perronnelle & I only remember actually using my
> "snark" filter once in the five years I had the job. I did tell my
> successor to apply it if necessary but I'm not sure if he ever needed to
> use it.
>
> Estrill

I don't know if I was the first Retiarius to employ the snark filter,
but I do remember being specifically asked to do so by Star.  I didn't
need to use it too often.  I think by then there was a culture in the
heraldic community to try to be more polite to outsiders.  The biggest
challenge I had was when an older commentor who had stopped playing came
back; we'd have to re-train.  I also employed a sliding scale.
Borderline snark that contained otherwise useful commentary would get
through.  Pure snark for snark's sake was cut.  :-)

--Perronnelle

--
Oyster (n.), a person who sprinkles his conversation with Yiddishisms.