[ANSTHRLD] Public internal commentary problems?

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Thu Jun 14 20:54:34 PDT 2007

Radei wrote:

> Point of Order.
>
> All aspects of the process in a Not-for-profit corporation are a matter
> of public record.  Always were.  if you are hiding or trying to hide
> things you are in violattion and can lose your 501-c3 status.  Not that I
> am accusing anyone of hiding anything, just a statement of fact.
>
> I speak as a former officer in several 501-c3's, I served at all levels
> of status in the corporations.  From Treasure to president.
>
> So "FILTERING FOR PUBLICATION" is faulsifing records.  The postings from
> heralds are public record, you can ask them to filter, but doing it for
> them is not a violation.  See "Robert's Rules of Order" and US Federal
> Corporate Law, subsections dealing with 501-c3 organizations.

I think you misunderstand what's happening.  The commentary sent to
Retiarius is preserved in a file, untouched.  That record is always
available.  Then Retiarius makes a new report, using that subset of the
commentary that is germane to her report.  That report is posted to the
web, for use by the kingdom.  No falsifying of records is going on.

This is no different from preserving a receipt that has the name of the
store, the date of purchase, the amount of puchase, the tax, the time
stamp, the cash register # and "Have a nice day!" on it, but only putting
the amount of purchase in the financial report.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin