[ANSTHRLD] Public internal commentary problems?

Mike Wyvill wyvillmike at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 15 09:15:48 PDT 2007

Magnus,

I have to say from my own personal experience its not so much the comments
that give us a bad name as the tone some messages are delivered in
personally. When I went to a consulting table (I won't say which event) I
came to you with my name and you went about the consulation in a
business-like manner, knew exactly its source and what was needed. If I
didn't thank you then let me in the presence of the list thank you now.

However, when I stepped to the device side of the table I had hardly begun
to draw when I was told by the herald 'helping' me that it was wrong. His
tone conveyed that I must eat with a spoon because I shouldn't be trusted
with anything pointy or sharp. After completing the drawing he artlessly
said 'Oh' and made some comment about being able to draw oak leaves
correctly. That device passed without alteration.

I think that is what we should avoid. People make comments about Heralds
enough without adding fuel to the fire. Yes there are times when we have to
say 'Look that just isn't going to pass!' or 'Sorry, that device belongs to
the Pope' but I know that I am speaking for many others who feel that some
are just too adversarial. I appreciate your knowledge, that's why I come to
you. But don't belittle me in the process.

Engenulf de Vienville