[ANSTHRLD] Second Call for Instructors & Classes for AHSS 2007

Diane Rudin serena1570 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 6 16:31:23 PDT 2007

Just filled out & printed the form to mail to you.  (The email
function didn't work with my computer.)  Here is the information, for
the curious, and as way of advance advertising our class:

Precedence, Insignia & Protocol of Ansteorra:  History & Structure

Serena Lascelles & Robin of Gilwell
(Diane & Jay Rudin)
serena1570 at yahoo.com

Length: 2 hours
Format: lecture

Class description:

Confused by the multitude of Ansteorran awards and orders?
Want to know what the system is and where it came from?
Don't know the difference between an award and an order?
Want to know how to address a person who has  lots of awards and
orders?
Or would you like to just hear lots of stories about the early days
of Ansteorra?

This class is for you!

New folks will learn to tell the differences among all the Sable
widgets, and longer-term members will enjoy the stories of the
evolution of awards from their original intent to what they are
today.  (If time allows, we will also discuss ceremonial positions
such as Queen's Champion.)  Visual aids will include as many examples
of actual pieces of insignia as can be assembled!  Instructor has
almost twenty years' experience as a precedence herald in Ansteorra.
A handout will be provided, in which we hope to have pictures, at no
cost to students (however, donations gratefully accepted).

No class limitations.

Class requirements:  tables, just a standard classroom setting, with
two tables up front for laying out insignia, and a lectern.

Scheduling preferences:

9-11a -- NOOOOOOO!!
10-12 -- #3
11-1p -- #5
1-3p -- #2
2-4p -- #1 preferred
3-5p -- #4

Are you teaching more than one class or have other scheduling issues?

Serena will probably be teaching another class, a scribal one, but
haven't decided yet which one to do.  She'll let you know by sending
another form.  Do NOT *ever* schedule Serena for a class first thing
in the morning if you care at all about her being conscious to teach,
and no, she doesn't do caffeine.

Is there anything else you need or want for you class?

We'll bring our own whiteboard markers, and eraser.  One other thing:
 the person who does classes for AHSS usually ends up segregating
them into "heraldry" classes and "scribal" classes.  THIS IS FOR
BOTH.