[ANSTHRLD] Help! I am SO totally clueless on Japanese Names

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Fri Jun 8 19:39:36 PDT 2007

Masamori and Nobunaga (note the single g) both are on "Japanese Formal Masculine Given Names" by Solveig Throndardottir on the academy of Saint Gabriel site:

http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/solveig/nanori/index.html

Might be a good place to start.  For the three part name in Japanese I believe they would work.

Yagyu would be the family name in this construction.  A quick look and I did find  Yagyû in  An Online Japanese Miscellany: Japanese Names, by Edward Effingham here:

http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/miscellany/names.html

I am not an expert on Japanese names, but that may give you a place to start.

Alasdair