[ANSTHRLD] Question Re: a submission in May 2007's ILoI

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Tue Jun 12 11:29:21 PDT 2007

A plate heraldry a plate is an argent roundel.  Here is a basic list of the roundels

bezant - or (gold)
plate - argent (silver)
hurt - azure (blue)
torteau - gules(red)
pellet OR ogress OR gunstone - sable (black)
pomme - vert (green)
golpe - purpure (purple)

And to answer your second question, i do not think so.  Without verifying the rules, I would say  1 cd for field and 1 cd for the bezants versus plates.