[ANSTHRLD] more name info

Serpentine Pursuivant lochherald at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 11:02:48 PDT 2007

So, I went back through the ICC to see why Rhiannon's name had been
returned.  I am truly confused now because the weirdness table says that
Welsh and Scots are 1 weirdness but Magnus' comment was this:

*

Magnus
*

[Name] The Scots part of the name is well done. Rhiannon is SCA compatible
which gives one weirdness. Rhiannon can be considered Welsh or English. Then
either Anton Cwith August 2001 LoAR or Katrina Rosehearty September 2001
LoAR will give it a second weirdness for mixing Scots and Welsh or English.
So the name gets returned and the device gets returned for no name.

This is the same precedence I noted as to make it actually work.  I admit
the Gaelic/Scots/Irish name stuff boggles my mind.  So, I really need some
help here...If she drops the middle name will it clear the second weirdness
or no?

Anyone?

Hedwig