[ANSTHRLD] baronial service awards

Darin Herndon DHerndon at chkenergy.com
Wed May 9 16:06:30 PDT 2007

I love discussions like this.  They are educational and fun at the same
time.  But then, I'm a heraldry junkie so I guess that should be
expected.

I'll look forward to Mistress Serena's write up but I have two questions
that are really procedural and really impact what happens going forward.

1) There is statutory law, edict (only lasts the reign), and common
law/tradition so strong it is like unto law.  Master Robin noted that it
is remembered in areas of the central region that he noted.  I found
places where it was forgotten and Alden already mentioned checking with
Godwin and we saw William's responses early on as to other areas that
are not aware of this tradition.  So, do we need to do more than have
Star go to the Crown with this issue and have a statutory solution put
in place so the law (common or statutory) is correctly and consistently
applied?

2) Presuming that the Crown does not try to create a statutory answer
that opposes and overrides this tradition...  Once a solution is in law,
how would this group recommend that the Crown or Principal Herald
present this to the populace and also to former landeds who should, by
common law, have membership but believe they do not?

Etienne

This email (and attachments if any) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return email and destroy all copies of the email (and attachments if any).