[ANSTHRLD] baronial service awards

Bill Butler chemistbb3 at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 16:37:05 PDT 2007

For me, The Crown's Words are Law. (Once properly read
and posted as put forward by Kingdom Law...)

Should They issue a Law that says that becoming a
Landed B&B makes one a member of the Baronial Service
Order and that the Law is retroactive for all who have
ever held the office, so be it.

But my question in reguards to Robin's comments is was
it Common Law, or a Standing Rule, that the Landeds
automaticly become members of the Baronial Service
Orders.  Common Law may be "forever" but a Standing
Rule can fall to the wayside through disuse.  Also
what maybe a Standing Rule for one group may not be
for another.

(Draging out the soapbox and tossing in 2 coppers...)

To me, getting an award just because you hold a
position is not right.  Would anyone be for giving
everyone a Thisle for Heraldry when they become a
local Herald or a Star of Merit just because they held
the position of Regional Schenshal?  Now, if the New
B&B of a group want to give the Baronial Service Award
to the B&B who just stepped down, just like normally
giving them Court Baronies, that would be OK.

William