[ANSTHRLD] Conflict Question

Brian O'hUilliam brianoftheloch at gmail.com
Tue May 15 13:02:04 PDT 2007

The RfS states: *X.4.j.i. *
*   j. Changes to Charges on Charges* - Changes to a group of charges placed
entirely on other charges may create one clear difference.

No more than one clear difference can be obtained from changes to the same
group of charges on other charges.

*i.* Making two or more visually significant changes to the same group of
charges placed entirely on other charges is one clear difference.

Changes of type, number, tincture, posture, or independent changes of
arrangement may each count as one of the two changes.

I am having a little trouble interpreting this text.  I look at it two ways,
but I think the first is correct:
*Interp 1:*  I can only get one CD from the green shamrock versus the blue
fox even though they are substantially different (paraphrasing Daniel: RfS
X.4.j.ii allows a substantial difference in type in simple cases to get a CD
all on its own.) and the tinctures are different.  I am looking at the
sentence under the deinition of X.4.j.
*Interp 2:*  I get 1 CD for the tincture of the tertiary charge and another
CD for the substantial difference of the tertiary charge.  I am looking at
the second sentence of X.4.j.i.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Brian

On 5/15/07, Britt <tierna.britt at gmail.com> wrote:

> <SNIP>
> Now, pull up the RfS (never conflict check without the RfS, ever) and
> address this armory:
>
> Nyven Fiak - September of 2004 (via the East): Azure, on a fess Or a
> fox courant to sinister azure.
>
> You're learning, so I'll let you run through section X and figure out
> whether your proposal is clear or in conflict of this.

<SNIP>
Do keep posting your results. Daniel's already shown how we can help
you figure all this stuff out.

- Teceangl