[ANSTHRLD] Conflict Question

Britt tierna.britt at gmail.com
Tue May 15 13:34:34 PDT 2007

> The RfS states: *X.4.j.i. *
> *   j. Changes to Charges on Charges* - Changes to a group of charges placed
> entirely on other charges may create one clear difference.
>
> No more than one clear difference can be obtained from changes to the same
> group of charges on other charges.
>
> *i.* Making two or more visually significant changes to the same group of
> charges placed entirely on other charges is one clear difference.
>
> Changes of type, number, tincture, posture, or independent changes of
> arrangement may each count as one of the two changes.
>

> I am having a little trouble interpreting this text.  I look at it two ways,
> but I think the first is correct:
> *Interp 1:*  I can only get one CD from the green shamrock versus the blue
> fox even though they are substantially different (paraphrasing Daniel: RfS
> X.4.j.ii allows a substantial difference in type in simple cases to get a CD
> all on its own.) and the tinctures are different.  I am looking at the
> sentence under the deinition of X.4.j.
> *Interp 2:*  I get 1 CD for the tincture of the tertiary charge and another
> CD for the substantial difference of the tertiary charge.  I am looking at
> the second sentence of X.4.j.i.

The Rule is clear. No matter how many changes are made to a group of
charges entirely on other charges, the most you can ever count is a
CD.
You get that CD by X.4.j.i. by changing type and tincture of the
tertiary charge. OR you get that CD by X.4.j.ii. by changing type only
from shamrock to fox. But you only get one.  The whole of X.4.j. is
beneath the sentence, "No more than one clear difference can be
obtained from changes to the same group of charges on other charges,"
which governs the subsections.

- Teceangl