[ANSTHRLD] OT but still heraldry

Faelan Caimbeul faelancaimbeul at gmail.com
Mon May 7 05:49:20 PDT 2007

First of all, two schools named after the same person? That's going to be
confusing . . .

Second, I see from what McKinney has used already, the tree seems to be a
running theme. I'd suggest including that somehow in the arms and maybe
expounding on it like leaves, acorns and such. I can't really tell what kind
of tree it's supposed to be. It just looks like a generic tree to me. Any
ideas?

Also, the Texas penchant for stars is apparent as well. It's almost a
requirement like the gyronny of Campbell arms.

It's nice that they already have a motto, that's one less thing you have to
work on. Applying the symbolism of the motto to the arms would be nice. Is
there a commonly accepted charge that means "quality" or "unique"?

Faelan