[ANSTHRLD] OT but still heraldry

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Mon May 14 20:46:45 PDT 2007

I don't know that I've replied to this.

<http://ps.webstorepackage.com/hotc/McKinney/images/Mckinney-Logo-Locker.jpg>

> The School district has a logo, official colors, and motto:
> <http://www.mckinneyisd.net/MISDLogoHres_flat_CMYK%20web%20jpg.jpg>

I've thought about it a bit.  I think that, for a nifty keeno
decoration in concrete or stone over a doorway, you don't need a coat
of arms.  How about a book with the school district's motto on it, one
phrase per side?  The book can be the old-style book, as in heraldry,
with clasps and tongues showing, or one of the newfangled cheap types
that you don't have to clasp shut.

The advantage is that you don't have to argue about the design
elements ("I think there should be just one tree on one side and a
book on the other"), the motto's use is a "gimme", and I can't see how
to offend anyone with it.  If you want colors, you could still use the
school district's colors (blue and white, I think?).

If you do want a coat of arms, I'd suggest something with book(s) and
tree(s), like one book in the center and four trees in cross, or vice
versa.  Or a tree charged with a book.

Daniel Lindocollinum
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com