[ANSTHRLD] Medieval soldier names database

Fergus Stout bullheaded67 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 16 11:33:43 PST 2007

Greetings everyone,

Someone sent me a link to this website and I thought I would share it to the group.  The Arts and Humanities Research Council of Great Britain has a project underway questioning the emergence of professional soldiering in England from 1369 to 1453.  Why is this important you should ask?  They have created a database, searchable via the following link, which will allow you to search by first or last name (among other things) and the names are taken from the Muster Rolls housed in the National Archives.

http://www.medievalsoldier.org/index.php

Enjoy!

Fergus