[ANSTHRLD] A question about flowers

Britt tierna.britt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 12:36:43 PST 2007

> > I need a little guidance please. Is a rose, barbed, seeded
> > proper one charge, two or possibly three?
>
> One. Barbing, seeding, slipping and leaving in general don't count for
> difference.

One charge.  All the frou-frou are tincture bits and Emma's right, not
worth difference.

> > I was trying to make a point about something using my device
> > accepted May 2005 by the laurels and noticed my device
> > (Argent, a chevron cotised gules between three oak leaves
> > sable.) followed by another accepted 3 months later (Argent,
> > a chevron cotised gules between three roses sable barbed and
> > seeded proper.) that doesn't seem to have 2 CDs.

<highfives Engenulf>  Freaks you out, doesn't it?  I returned from a
commenting hiatus and discovered something one CD from my device had
been registered, without comment, like the registration that conflicts
with yours.  As Emma said, sometimes things slip through.  The time
difference between my registration and the conflict's registration was
five years to the month, but your scenario is more likely.  That close
and commenters are literally relying on their memory of what's just
come through but might not even be on a released LoAR yet (it can take
10 weeks after a Laurel meeting for the LoAR to be released because of
the proofreading process - all mistakes are permanent record so
naturally the Letter is proofed to death).  Usually, people catch it,
sometimes they do not. I myself am guilty of slipping memory.

I've toyed with the idea of sending in a retroactive letter of
permission to conflict, but the Wreath who registered the conflicting
device has long since stepped down, so the humor value would be lost
(or regained when Jeanne Marie Wreath rejected it and sent it back to
me with a tongueclick, reversing the joke back onto me).

You have beautiful arms and now a humorous tale to tell about them.  Be proud.

- Teceangl
Sable, seven mascles conjoined three, three and one argent.